> New Music's corner now open!
keltic_banshee
post Sep 28 2005, 02:13 PM
Post #1

Seancha�

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 223

Hello everybody!

I've added a new forum to concentrate all the musical activities of our community. It now hosts the good old "Request & Changes", and a new place for sharing chords and tabs and tricks about playing songs... Hope all the musicians in the forum will enjoy it and make it very, very active! :)

Wish you all the best,
Keltic Banshee
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Tom McB
post Apr 7 2006, 09:11 PM
Post #2

C

Group: Validating
Member No.: 92

QUOTE(Patrick @ Nov 27 2005, 10:09 AM) *

Charlotte, How would the lyrics go for a song like that? The lyrics would have to contain lines like.... 'We Immorally Invaded a peaceful Island' and 'We Butchered, Raped, and Murdered anyone who stood in our way' and 'We made up our own laws to suit our own selfish needs' and (probably most important) 'We did it In the name of England'
Dont know about you but I cant think of any songs like that either.

Butchered raped and murdered- that's what happened to the original Americans.
And the Vietnamese (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Jist back from Dublin, went to Kilmainham gaol- wonderful and inspiring place- only slightly spoiled by the noisesome yank who was loud in his comments- good manners stopped me asking the booger about Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo bay and extraordinary rendition flights. Or about the execution of large numbers of people who have the misfortune to have the wrong skin colour.

Yes Patrick I'm sure you condemn those barbarities- at least I hope you do (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Though- to the song- I had, some time back, a Clancy brothers record with a wonderful song called, I think, "God Bless England" full of Irony, must try and find the lyrics.
Edit to Include

Found it.
+Quote Post
Oglaigh
post Apr 13 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #3

L

Group: Cairde
Member No.: 525

I was in a pub in spain called the Libon Lions and they had a total ban on Irish music! It was owned by an english guy who owned a rangers bar down the road! Needless to say we never returned; we did however have a few sing-songs outside the rangers bar which was good craic!! I think it is crazy that Irish people can be banned from singing their national songs still! For instance the wolfe tones are still banned from being played on irish radio by the government! As another song goes "Let the people sing their stoires and their songs, the music of their native land"! How true! How can "the republican party" ban rebel music from the airwaves and still use this as their slogan on campaign posters! Hypocrites!!

On a seperate point Gary �g any plans to play in Dublin in the near future?

Gaibh mo Leith sceal where are my manners congratulations are in order keltic-banshee its nice this site is now back in good hands and i wish you all the best with it!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic